Deciding what arrangements should be made for your children can be fraught with difficulty. We aim always to ensure that the focus remains on the child and his or her needs. We recommend that where relevant, parents consider attending the ‘Parenting after Parting’ course which is now being offered by Resolution.
The starting point in children matters is often to determine whether or not you have Parental Responsibility for the child in question. If you do not have Parental Responsibility, our team will be able to advise you on your options and draft any necessary documents.
Our team are experienced in all matters involving children and will assist you every step of the way, be it regarding a dispute over the child's name, religion, education or even their country of residence.
Your options include...
- Residence Orders - an order which will set out the arrangements to be made regarding the person(s) with whom the child is to live. Residence Orders can even be made in favour of two persons who do not live together. They will then share the care of the child.
- Contact Orders - an order which will set out the arrangements for the child to visit or stay with the person(s) named in the order. This could be, for example, regarding a non-resident parent.
- Prohibited Steps Orders - an order which will prevent a particular action from occuring without the consent of the Court. An example is an order preventing the removal of the child from the former matrimonial home.
- Specific Issue Orders - e.g an order which will provide a solution to a particular issue which has arisen. For example, it could be used to decide which school the child should attend.
Child maintenance and other financial provision for children
There are several ways in which provision can be made for children. Our team aim to give you practical and comprehensive advice in all areas including:
- Schedule 1 Children Act 1989 Applications - these are most often applied for in cases where the parents are unmarried.
- Child Support Act Applications - we can advise you as to your eligibility and then assist you with calculations.
- Specific Issue Applications - an application could be made regarding a provision for school fees secured by Court Order.
What to do now...
For confidential advice, further information or to see if we can offer you an initial fixed fee interview please contact us on 01622 815940 or use our online enquiry form.